Today, LEGO® Education announces the presale of MoreToMaths 1-2, a learning resource for years one and two, aimed at teaching and reinforcing the practices of mathematical problem solving as defined by the latest national curriculum targets. Mathematics problems can be a difficult concept for young children to grasp. This innovative classroom resource uses the familiar LEGO brick as the tool that makes abstract maths tangible. The addition of MoreToMaths builds on LEGO Education’s commitment to deliver engaging learning solutions across subject areas at primary level.
Teachers can get started with MoreToMaths 1-2 in the classroom with:
- MoreToMaths Core Set 1-2:
- One set contains 520 LEGO elements intended for two students at a time along with base plates, brick separators and two LEGO mini-figures named Max and Mia
- Building materials are delivered in a storage box with sorting tray and organisation sticke
- MoreToMaths Curriculum Pack 1-2:
- Forty-eight lessons that teach mathematical problem solving
- Curriculum standards descriptions along with a learning grid that aligns activities to key national standards and objectives
- Teacher’s notes, lesson plans, student worksheets, integrated assessment tools and ideas for activity differentiation
- MathsBuilder Interactive White Board Software
- Runs on all major interactive white boards enabling teachers to model included activities for an entire class
- Includes all tasks from the forty-eight curriculum pack lessons
- Enables teachers to create their own activities with an easy-to-use content editor
- Delivers five e-learning videos for easy classroom implementation
- Includes LEGO mini-figure animations to engage students in mathematical problem solving
According to Mario Hjorth Volkmann, teacher and Educational Concept Developer of MoreToMaths, LEGO® Education: “To see the children’s curiosity in the problems and how they sparkle when they build their solutions, it’s just amazing.”
The product is supported by extensive research which examined and identified the best practices of teaching mathematical problem solving within the confines of national curriculum standards.
MoreToMaths is available to order now for delivery in January 2015. Please visit www.LEGOeducation.co.uk for more information.